29 May 2012

days like today

We all have them. 
Days that are full of little or big things that pile on our shoulders and weigh us down. 

I woke early with a dream lingering that seemed to taint my mood all day. 
 *
we left the house late for storytime at the library, already missing half of the program. 
then I struggle to find a parking spot
I just drive off
with a very disappointed boy in the backseat
*
we air up bike tires hoping that is all that is needed
as we are out, we notice our dog is out, again. 
my nice scarf subs for a leash



What I want to remember about today

snuggling on the couch several times today to read to my children
without them asking first
*
my husband writing on all our wrists 
I <3 U!
*
My son drawing on my arm
<3 
E
J
G
[the first letter for each member of our family]
*
my daughter spending close to an hour making colorful circles
all the way up my arm with colored pens
taking her time
with a gentle touch
and her sweet smile
*
hugs and kisses 
*
watering my plants that still need to be planted/potted
*
getting my hands messy as I dig, pot and plant
*
harvesting a few stalks of rhubarb from my yard
then cooking a sweet spread for our morning toast
from bread a neighbor baked for us
*
seeing my neighbor with her sweet, newborn girl
*
the sounds of my family as they play
work
live

May my joy be like a salve that can soothe and comfort me on rough days.