05 November 2010

art every day month :: week 1

[all drawings were scanned and might vary slightly in color from original work]

:: 1 November :: 
I love these bold markers that allow me to put so much color into a drawing. The plan is to work with this more and create a mixed media piece. 




:: 2 November :: 
My garden may not have provided as much produce as I had hoped but it has been transformed into a small patch of meadow. Peace for me is found when I hear the wind blowing through these stalks of grass and seeing the evening sun shine on the seed heads. 


:: 3 November :: 
I created the first image by combining two separate photos and then editing them to make more of a drawing. Honestly, the larger image was created on the 2nd and I had hoped for it to be my guide for a watercolor. As you can see, it was much better before my attempt to put paint to paper. Trees and I have an ongoing battle when I try to draw them. The original watercolor is best viewed from far away and at that distance your eye is allowed to trick you into thinking I might have captured the idea. 



:: 4 November :: 
"freedom to let the ink flow :: freedom to allow yourself to let go :: to move the instrument in this way & that :: not knowing if you will make something bold or quiet :: allowing yourself to put one more mark on it."


:: 5 November ::
I love the abc's! Since I was little, I would practice my handwriting by writing the abc's. If I get bored, they are one of my go-to doodles. Today, I had not planned to graphically display letters but my old friends really wanted to play! 


I'm not the only one taking on this challenge. Check out this amazing list of other participants
It isn't too late to join, would you like to have some fun? 


Psst.. is anyone else an alphabet lover? Well, I have something just for you. 


 By clicking on the image above you can print out a coloring page for you to color in however you would like.  It's just a simple drawing but sometimes you just need something bring a smile to your day.